- Like every other location app, continued use of GPS can dramatically decrease battery life.
- Ensure you have clear line of sight from your device to the sky so your device can lock on to the free GPS signals broadcast from the numerous GPS satellites orbiting the Earth.
- If you stand between skyscrapers, sit inside a building or walk under dense tree foliage the GPS signal will likely be blocked. Find some clear sky and the device will find your location
- Avoid magnetic interference (like that found in vehicles or near other electronic gadgets or appliances) as this can affect the built-in compass and give a false direction. Sometimes a wiggle of your device will help the built-in compass figure out which way to go. If the device determines it needs to be re-calibrated then it will automatically display the standard iOS compass calibration screen.
find my hotel now
find my hotel now is an easy to use app designed to save the location of your hotel allowing you to find it again sometime later.
This free app has the option of an In-App Purchase to add Premium features.
The key benefit of the Premium functionality is the ability to save and locate your hotel even if you can’t get a mobile/cellular data signal or it is so poor that maps won’t work. This is perfect in a remote location or when staying abroad with data roaming disabled.
- Save your hotel location when you arrive using a map
- Locate your hotel using a map when you want to return to it
- GPS is only enabled while you are using the app to save battery life
Premium Features Available After In-App Purchase
- Store your hotel location using only GPS *
- Locate your hotel using only a direction pointer *
- Drag your hotel location pin around the map to refine its location
- Drop a hotel location pin anywhere on the map (you could do this before you arrive so you can find the hotel in the first place)
- Refresh/redraw the map walking route back to your hotel from your current position (useful if your walking route is blocked or you decide to take a detour and want to get back on track to your hotel
* = No mobile/cellular data connection nor use of maps required for this feature to work