- Like every other location app, continued use of GPS can dramatically decrease battery life.
- Ensure you have clear line of sight from your device to the sky so your device can lock on to the free GPS signals broadcast from the numerous GPS satellites orbiting the Earth.
- If you stand between skyscrapers, sit inside a building or walk under dense tree foliage the GPS signal will likely be blocked. Find some clear sky and the device will find your location
- Avoid magnetic interference (like that found in vehicles or near other electronic gadgets or appliances) as this can affect the built-in compass and give a false direction. Sometimes a wiggle of your device will help the built-in compass figure out which way to go. If the device determines it needs to be re-calibrated then it will automatically display the standard iOS compass calibration screen.
find my car now
find my car now is an easy to use app designed to save the location of your parked vehicle allowing you to find it again sometime later.
This free app has the option of an In-App Purchase to add Premium features.
The key benefit of the Premium functionality is the ability to save and locate your vehicle even if you can’t get a mobile/cellular data signal or it is so poor that maps won’t work. This is perfect in a remote location or when driving abroad with data roaming disabled.
- Save your vehicle location when you park using a map
- Locate your vehicle using a map when you want to return to it
- GPS is only enabled while you are using the app to save battery life
Premium Features Available After In-App Purchase
- Store your vehicle location using only GPS *
- Locate you vehicle using only a direction pointer *
- Drag your vehicle location pin around the map to refine its location
- Drop a vehicle location pin anywhere on the map (saves you walking back to your vehicle if you forgot to set the location when you parked)
- Refresh/redraw the map walking route back to your vehicle from your current position (useful if your walking route is blocked or you decide to take a detour and want to get back on track to your vehicle
* = No mobile/cellular data connection nor use of maps required for this feature to work
What customers have said about this app
“Find my car now ist die beste App zum Autowiederfinden. Schlicht, ansprechend, sogar das Icon ist homescreentauglich. Empfehlenswert”
which roughly translates to English as
“Find my car now is the best app for car recovery. Simple, appealing, even the icon is suitable for homescreen. Recommended”