- Like every other location app, continued use of GPS can dramatically decrease battery life.
- Ensure you have clear line of sight from your device to the sky so your device can lock on to the free GPS signals broadcast from the numerous GPS satellites orbiting the Earth.
- If you stand between skyscrapers, sit inside a building or walk under dense tree foliage the GPS signal will likely be blocked. Find some clear sky and the device will find your location
- Avoid magnetic interference (like that found in vehicles or near other electronic gadgets or appliances) as this can affect the built-in compass and give a false direction. Sometimes a wiggle of your device will help the built-in compass figure out which way to go. If the device determines it needs to be re-calibrated then it will automatically display the standard iOS compass calibration screen.
find my tent now
find my tent now is an easy to use app designed to save the location of your pitched tent allowing you to find it again sometime later.
The app is available as a full featured Premium app or as a Free app with an In-App Purchase to add Premium features.
The key benefit of the Premium functionality is the ability to save and locate your tent even if you can’t get a mobile/cellular data signal or it is so poor that maps won’t work. This is perfect in a remote location or when camping abroad with data roaming disabled.
Key Features Common To Both Free and Premium App Versions
- Save your tent location where you pitch it using a map
- Locate your tent using a map when you want to return to it
- GPS is only enabled while you are using the app to save battery life
Premium App Only Features (or Available After In-App Purchase)
- Store your tent location using only GPS *
- Locate you tent using only a direction pointer *
- Drag your tent location pin around the map to refine its location
- Drop a tent location pin anywhere on the map (saves you walking back to your tent if you forgot to set the location when you were stood beside it)
- Refresh/redraw the map walking route back to your tent from your current position (useful if your walking route is blocked or you decide to take a detour and want to get back on track to your tent
* = No mobile/cellular data connection nor use of maps required for this feature to work